How many people each year suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death after a hospital visit?
| ||10 Ways to a Better Diet ||
- Take time to eat and chew your food well for best digestion.
- Drink good quality, non-contaminated water, at least six glasses per day.
- Focus your diet on vegetables, raw and cooked (steamed or baked) and fresh fruits.
- Eat a wholesome breakfast and hearty lunch, and then a lighter evening meal if you can. Don't overeat or eat too much after nightfall.
- Eat a greater percentage of higher-fiber, carbohydrate foods (vegetables, grains, and beans) and a lesser amount of animal fats and proteins.
- Avoid excessive fried foods, salt, sugar, refined foods, and chemicals in your diet.
- Work at correcting your abusive habits--caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and sugar – getting away from their daily use to see how you will feel.
- Take easy walks after meals if possible and get enough exercise to best utilize the nutrients and calories you consume.
- Eat a balanced diet, focusing on whole grains and vegetables, legumes, and fresh fruits, and adding only some nuts or seeds, dairy products and animal foods, predominantly fresh fish as appropriate.
- Take a multiple vitamin-mineral as indicated for your age and sex, along with extra vitamin C and antioxidants, as well as other supplements individualized to your needs.
Copyright Elson M. Haas, MD, 2010 All Rights Reserved
This content may be forwarded in full, with copyright/contact/creation information intact, without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit format.
If any other use is desired, permission in writing from Elson Haas is required.
Anyone may subscribe to Staying Healthy Tips at the website, www.elsonhaas.com or send an e-mail
message to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Elson M. Haas, MD is founder & Director of the Preventive Medical Center of Marin (since 1984), an Integrated Health Care Facility in San Rafael, CA and author of many books on Health and Nutrition, including ...more||
Popular Related Articles/Areas
9Reader Comments: Corey Resnick, ND, Dan Cherkin, PhD, Karen Sherman, PhD, Susan Luck, RN, J. Schwartz, MA, Mary Elaine Southard, RN
Popular & Related Products
Popular & Featured Events
Error Reading Event Calendar
Stevia Products & Info
Dimensions of Wellness