The following recipe addresses the special diet considerations for: dairy-free; gluten-free; low fat; low glycemic index; vegan; vegetarian; anti-cancer; cardiovascular disease; diabetes; inflammatory bowel diseases
Serves 4 as a side dish
A magnificent salad with bite and gusto that goes with almost anything apart from desserts.
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 tsp ginger, grated finely
- 2 tbs tamari
- 2 tbs unfiltered cider vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large daikon, also known as Oriental horseradish (approx. 12 oz/350 gr), sliced very thinly diagonally
- 3 carrots, sliced very thinly diagonally
- 1 beet, sliced very thinly
- 4 large handfuls of arugula salad, also known as rocket or rucola, cut 1/2 inch (1 cm) off the stalk at the root end, and tear in half
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1) Combine all the ingredients for the Dressing in a bowl, stir, and leave for 30 minutes.
2) Leave all of the ingredients for the Salad raw, and combine in a large bowl.
3) Pour the dressing over the salad, add sea salt and freshly ground
pepper to taste, stir, and serve immediately.
Note: Measurements are provided in both U.S. and European/metric units.