|The Peanut Butter pie is my sons’ favorite pie in the book! It’s so good you'll want to double this recipe! Serve one and freeze the other for later use…unless of course you and your guests are craving for more. Just be sure to use all-natural, organic peanut butter for best results and better health.
Serving Size: 1 slice • Total Servings: 8
Beat heavy cream, vanilla and stevia extract until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 1 cup (8 oz.) heavy cream*
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. stevia extract (see page xii for brand variances)**
- 4 oz. Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¾ tsp. stevia extract (see page xii for brand variances)**
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie piecrust (preferably Arrowhead Mills brand because it has no hydrogentated oils or refined sugar)
Fold cream cheese and peanut butter in large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat at medium until well blended. Add the 3/4 tsp. stevia extract and whipped cream mixture to the peanut butter/cheese mixture. Beat until smooth. Place filling into piecrust and cover. Refrigerate or freeze for at least 2 hours. Prior to serving, if frozen, defrost on counter for about 30 minutes.
*1 cup heavy cream yields about 2 cups whipped cream.
**Since different stevia brands have different sweetness levels, Sensational Stevia Desserts has a convenient chart with three manufacturers’ measurements. This stevia amount is the minimum to use in the recipes