The following recipe addresses the special diet considerations for: dairy-free; gluten-free; vegan; vegetarian; anti-cancer; cardiovascular
disease; diabetes; inflammatory bowel diseases
This watermelon shake makes a tasty and nutritious alternative to a
regular milkshake on a hot summer day. Watermelon is considered very
"cooling" in Chinese medicine. Consume the shake immediately after
making to avoid oxidation of the nutrients from the fresh watermelon
- 1 ice-cold watermelon or cantaloupe (approx. 2-1/4 lbs/1 kg), pitted and without peel
- 1 portion ice-cold "Homemade Coconut Milk" (see separate recipe)
- 5-6 tbs honey
- 6 green cardamom pods, roasted and the seeds ground finely
- ice cubes, crushed
1) Combine all the ingredients except the ice cubes in a
food processor and whiz until smooth. Add crushed ice and stir.
2) Serve in two tall glasses.
Note: Measurements are provided in both U.S. and European/metric units.