The following recipe addresses the special diet considerations for: dairy-free; gluten-free; vegan; vegetarian; anti-cancer;
cardiovascular disease; diabetes; inflammatory bowel diseases
Serves 2 as a dessert or snack.
This seed-fruit shake beats a regular milkshake, both in terms of taste
and nutritive value. The sesame seeds contain lots of calcium and
other minerals and the flaxseed is rich in alpha-linolenic acid, which
is anti-inflammatory. The shake has to be consumed immediately to
avoid oxidation of the alpha-linolenic acid and the enzymes from the
- 2 tbs flaxseed, ground finely
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, ground finely
- 1 stick of cinnamon, ground finely
- 1/2-1 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 ripe banana, cut into thin slices
- 8-10 fresh strawberries (or other berries in season)
- 7-8 ice cubes
1) Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, whiz until
smooth, and add more ice-cold water if the shake is too thick.
2) Serve the shake in two tall glasses.
Note: Measurements are provided in both U.S. and European/metric units.