The following recipe addresses the special diet considerations for: dairy-free; gluten-free; vegan; vegetarian; anti-cancer; cardiovascular disease; inflammatory bowel diseases
Serves 6 to 8
This tastes like ice cream, only it's made without milk, sugar, or
egg. Cold pressed organic canola oil can be used instead of extra
virgin olive oil. It will make the ice cream softer and impart a
nutty flavor. Once frozen, the ice cream will keep for several weeks
in the freezer.
- 6 bananas, ripe and soft with brown spots on the skin
- 4 apples (such as Jonathan, Macoun, Lady, Red Delicious), cored and grated with skins
- 1-3/4 cups (4 dl) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp pure vanilla powder
1) Peel the bananas, then slice and mash them.
2) Make a thick cream out of the mashed bananas and the extra virgin olive oil using a blender.
3) Add the grated apples little by little while the blender is running and process the mixture until smooth.
4) Add vanilla powder to taste.
5) Put the ice cream in a sealed container and place it in the freezer.
Leave it in the freezer for at least four hours to make sure all of the
ice cream is frozen.
6) Let the ice cream thaw a little by leaving it at room
temperature for 20 minutes or longer before serving.
Note: Measurements are provided in both U.S. and European/metric units.