How many people each year suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death after a hospital visit?
| ||Interviews with People Who Make a Difference: FCER End Notes||
Interview with Daniel Redwood DC
as interviewed by Daniel Redwood DC
16. Wolk, S. Chiropractic versus Medical Care: A Cost Analysis of Disability and Treatment for Back-Related Workers’ Compensation Cases. Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research, September 1987.
17. Boline, P.D. Chiropractic Treatment and Pharmaceutical Treatment for Muscular Contraction Headaches: A Randomized Comparative Clinical Trial. Proceedings from the 1991 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation. FCER. Arlington, Virginia.
18. North American Spine Society’s Ad Hoc Committee on Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures. Spine. 1991. Vol. 16, No. 10.
19. Davis, H. AV MED Medical Director. Miami, Florida. 1982. The chiropractor was Mark Silverman, D.C. This evidence was presented as part of the Wilk v. AMA trial.
20. Cherkin, D., MacCornack, F. "Patient Evaluations of Low Back Pain Care from Family Physicians and Chiropractors," Western Journal of Medicine, March 1989, Volume 150, pp. 351-355.
21. Gilbert, J.R. "Clinical Trial of Common Treatments for Low Back Pain in Family Practice." British Medical Journal, 1985, Vol. 291, pp. 791-794.
22. Curtis P, Bove G. "Family Physicians, Chiropractors and Back Pain." Journal of Family Practice, November 1992, Vol. 35, pp. 551-555.
23. The Gallup Organization, Demographic Characteristics of Users of Chiropractic, 1991.
Chapter 9 Foundations of the Chiropractic Model
- 1. Copland-Griffiths, Dynamic Chiropractic Today, p. 159
- 2. Bourdillion, J.F. Spinal Manipulation. pp. 205-206
- 3. Copland-Griffiths, op. cit. p. 162
- 4. Mazzarelli, Joseph, D.C. (editor). Chiropractic: Interprofessional Research. pp. 69-76.
- 5. Yates RG, Lamping DL, Abram NL, Wright C. "Effects of Chiropractic Treatment on Blood Pressure and Anxiety: A Randomized, Controlled Trial." Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 1988; 11: 484-488.
- 6. Kokjohn K, Schmid DM, Triano JJ, Brennan PC. "The Effect of Spinal Manpulation on Pain and Prostaglandin Levels in Women with Primary Dysmenorrhea." Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 1992; 15: 279-285.
- 7. Thomason, PR, Fisher BL, Carpenter PA, Fike GL. "Effectiveness of Spinal Manipulative Therapy in Treatment of Primary Dysmenorrhea: A Pilot Study." Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 1979; 2: 140-145.
- 8. Brennan PC, Kokjohn K, Katlinger CJ, Lohr GE, Glendening C, Hondras MA, McGregor M, Triano JJ. "Enhanced Phagocytic Cell Respiratory Burst Induced by Spinal Manipulation: Potential Role of Substance P." Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 1991; 14: 399-408.
- 9. Klougart N, Nillson N, Jacobsen J. "Infantile Colic Treated by Chiropractors: A Prospective Study of 316 Cases." Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 1989; 12: 281-288.
- 10. Falk, JW. "Bowel and Bladder Dysfunction Secondary to Lumbar Dysfunctional Syndrome." Chiropractic Technique, 1990; 2: 45-48.
- 11. Borregard, PE. "Neurogenic Bladder and Spina Bifida Occulta: A Case Report." Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 1987; 10: 122-123.
|Daniel Redwood, DC, is a Professor at Cleveland Chiropractic College - Kansas City. He is editor-in-chief of Health Insights Today (www.healthinsightstoday.com) and serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of the......more||