Did you know the average person wastes approximately 90 glasses of water every day by leaving the tap running while they brush their teeth? That means in the United States alone, we’re literally pouring down the drain as much as 27 billion glasses of clean, drinkable water every day, just brushing our teeth. While it may seem like a small thing, according to the World Water Council one out of every six people on the planet lives without clean drinking water.
In light of this, I am asking everyone to save 90 glasses of water a day by turning of the tap while brushing their teeth. It’s easy, something everyone can do, costs nothing, and has a big impact on the preservation of a precious resource.
Brush your teeth twice a day and conserve ninety glasses of water every day by:
More information of eco-friendly dentistry can be found at www.ecodentistry.org
- Wetting your toothbrush under the water
- Turning off the tap
- Applying toothpaste
- Brushing your teeth for 2 minutes
- Filling a small glass with water
- Rinsing and swishing with water from the glass.
- Tell a friend or family member to do the same… Together we can make a big difference with small changes!