4. Swing the Arms Forward, Rise upon the Toes, Arms Back, Swing Back onto Heels
Tradition claims that this movement alone, with relaxation and deep breathing can help to cure serious diseases. Starting in the preliminary posture rock forward onto the toes and swing the arms forward. Palms may face backward or forward, you decide. Remember to make it up and make it fun. Now, rock back on the heels. Practice will show you how far back you can go. Breath deeply and relax. Repeat. This is not a fancy gesture but it has profound potential. Turn your awareness to the forces of body energy for a lesson in the value of this technique. Remember, patience in your quest for the sensation of elusive life energy, Qi.
- Health maintenance: 2 to 3 sessions per day, 20 to 50 repetitions.
- Health enhancement: 6 to 10 sessions per day, 20 to 50 repetitions
- Disease intervention: Start slowly and build up to 10 to 15 sessions per day, 20 to 50 repetitions. It is said that if one does this 100 times per day it will heal many diseases, if done 1000 times per day it can lead to times per day it can lead to immortality.
- Getting started: 2 to 3 sessions per day.