Join Now!      Login

Whole Person Wellness Program
 
healthy.net Wellness Model
Skip Navigation Links
 
 
FREE NEWSLETTER
   
   
   
 
Health Centers
Key Services
 
Walking?
Which of the following in NOT a direct benefit of a regular walking regimen?
Reduce Stress
Improved immune function
Achieving ideal weight.
Improved sugar metabolism

 
 
 What Doctors Don't Tell You: PSORIASIS - CHEMICAL OVERKILL 
 
What Doctors Don't Tell You © (Volume 4, Issue 3)

Naturopath Harald Gaier reports similar success with his recommended daily diet of oily fish, such as herring and mackerel, melon and zinc supplements. He also approves of several herbal or homoeopathic combination products (see Alternatives, p 9).

Contrary to Gaier's findings, candida specialist Dr John Mansfield said that his food sensitivity programme was having no success with psoriasis sufferers. After an admittedly limited trial with 10 patients, he stopped treating the condition.

His interest was reawakened in 1982 when he attended a conference in Atlanta. There, for the first time, a link between psoriasis and candida was mooted. Pioneering this line of research are E William Rosenberg, Professor of Dermatology at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis, and Dr Sidney Baker, medical director of the Gesell Institute of Human Development in New Haven, Connecticut.

Rosenberg maintains that psoriasis is an inherited fault in the body's antigen antibody response to foreign organisms, particularly candida albicans, which can bring on psoriasis. Both have published studies on their success in treating psoriasis with an anti candida approach.

Dr Mansfield returned to England and began treating his psoriasis sufferers as if they had candida. They were given fungicide such as Nystatin, Fungizone or a newer preparation such as Sporanox, while recommending a diet free of sugar, all refined carbohydrates (those made with white flour) and all yeasted foods.

He claims a 75 per cent success rate, and looks for a complete clearance of the condition within four months, and an improvement after four to five weeks. He believes the remaining 25 per cent could have been treated successfully had he attacked the condition more aggressively. Dr Baker, for example, claims great success from applying very large doses of fungicide; however, this would cost about £120 a week, and with no guarantees of success.

  Previous   1  2  3    
 Comments Add your comment 

 About The Author
What Doctors Don't Tell You What Doctors Don’t Tell You is one of the few publications in the world that can justifiably claim to solve people's health problems - and even save lives. Our monthly newsletter gives you the facts you won't......more
 
 From Our Friends
 
 
 
Popular & Related Products
 
Popular & Featured Events
Wellness Inventory Certification Training
     September 16-December 16, 2014
     Teleclass, CA USA
 
Additional Calendar Links
 
Stevia Products & Info
 
Dimensions of Wellness
Wellness, Feeling, dimension!

Home       Wellness       Health A-Z       Alternative Therapies       Find a Practitioner       Healthy Products       Bookstore       Wellness Inventory
Healthy Kitchen       Healthy Woman       Healthy Man       Healthy Child       Healthy Aging       Wellness Center       Nutrition Center       Fitness Center
Free Newsletter      What Doctor's Don't Tell You      Stevia.com      Discount Lab Tests      First Aid      Global Health Calendar      Privacy Policy     Contact Us
Disclaimer: The information provided on HealthWorld Online is for educational purposes only and IS NOT intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Are you ready to embark on a personal wellness journey with our whole person approach?
Learn More/Subscribe
Are you looking to create or enhance a culture of wellness in your organization?
Learn More
Do you want to become a wellness coach?
Learn More
Free Webinar