l. Do what you love. Health and healing will follow. You have your own unique talents and life mission. The more you learn about your gifts and open yourself to the lessons you are here to learn, the easier it will be for you to find work you love. If you love what you do, you are much more likely to be healthy and happy.
2. Find which foods work best for you and eat them most of the time. Keep it simple. Your body will generally tell you what foods it needs, unless your desires are so strong that you can no longer hear what your body's trying to tell you. Let us help you understand your body type, so you know which foods are likely to keep you the healthiest, then experiment for yourself. The lower on the food chain that you eat and the fewer animal products in your diet, the best chance you have for keeping a healthy heart and body.
3. Find an exercise program you enjoy and do it regularly. Whether it's swimming, running, kayaking, yoga, aerobic dance, racketball, walking, or dancing, do it for at least l5 minutes four times a week. Consider it an insurance policy for staying healthy.
4. Take a high-quality multivitamin and mineral for life. Most of our lifestyles are high-stress. Environmental exposures are, unfortunately, all around us. Our soils and foods aren't as nutritious as they once were. Many of us ingest substances regularly, such as alcohol, caffeinated beverages, sugar, tobacco, and a number of prescription medications, which actually counteract the nutrients we get through our foods and supple -ments. We consider nutritional supplements as another form of insurance for a longer and healthier life.
5. Surround yourself with people that make you feel good. We've all gotten our share of negative messages in our lives. Choose to give and receive love and friendship from people who will draw out the best in you and will support you on your life's path. Create a protective shield around yourself to screen out inappropriate criticism and negativity.
6. Take care of unfinished business. Do whatever you need to do to release your anger, resentment, fears, worries, insecurities, or anything else that keeps you from being happy and healthy. Whether it's through meditation, counseling, hypnosis, affirmations, or anything else that works for you, do it as soon as possible so you can move on with your life.
7. Heal you relationship with your parents. We chose our parents so that we could learn exactly those lessons we need in this lifetime. Most of us experience some of our greatest challenges from our relationships with our parents. No matter what hurts or insults or conflicts we may have had with our parents, we need ultimately, even if they are no longer alive, to heal those rifts and to forgive in order to complete those lessons.
8. Make fun and relaxation a priority on your daily schedule. Remember that you're here to enjoy yourself! As they say, "When life serves you lemons, make lemonade." Make the best of every situation. Understand that it's happening to you for a reason and learn the lesson it brings so you won't have to do it again. What seems in the present, through our limited vision, like a misfortune often turns out later to be a blessing.
9. Learn to love yourself. Really. This is a challenge for most of us. Know that whatever you've done, no matter how awful you think it is, you're forgivable. The more you recognize yourself as a lovable, deserving, talented human being, the more health and happiness will flow into your life.