| ||Fitness and Special Populations: Exercise Options in Diabetes Mellitus: Information for Health and Fitness Professionals ||
1. Basmajian, JV, Wolf, SL. Therapeutic Exercise. 5th edition. Williams and Wilkens, Baltimore, MD 1990.
2. Bray, GA, Gray, DS. Obesity II: Treatment. Western Journal of Medicine. 149:555-71, 1988.
3. Durak, EP, Jovanovic-Peterson, L, Peterson, CM: Randomized crossover study of the effect of resistance training on glycemic control, muscular strength, and cholesterol in type I diabetic men. Diabetes Care. 13:1039-43, 1990.
4. Graham, C. Lasko-McCarthey, P. Exercise options for persons with diabetic complications. Diabetes Educator. 16:212-20, 1990.
5. Horton, E.S. The role and management of exercise in diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care. 11;2:201-11, 1988.
6. Manson, J.E., Nathan, D.M., Krolewski, A.S., Stamphfer, M.J., Willet, W.C. et al. A prospective study of exercise and incidence of diabetes among US male physicians. JAMA. 268;1:63-67, 1992.
7. Peterson, C.M., Dupuis, A., Levine, B.S., et al. Feasibility of improved blood glucose control in patients with IDDM. Diabetes Care. 2;4:329-35, 1979.
8. Pollack, ML, Wilmore, JH, Fox, SM. Exercise in Health and Disease. Saunders Publishing, 1986.
9. Schwartz, R.S., Exercise training in the treatment of diabetes mellitus in elderly subjects. Diabetes Care. 13;5:277-84, 1990.
Eric Durak is a clinical exercise physiologist and health educator. He is special populations advisor to the International Sports Sciences Association, and is the director of the Fitness Therapistª course.
|Eric Durak received his Master of Science degree from the University of Michigan in 1986. His research experience is in the application of exercise for special population groups, such as diabetes, high risk pregnancy,......more
Popular Related Articles/Areas
10Reader Comments: Corey Resnick, ND, Dan Cherkin, PhD, Karen Sherman, PhD, Susan Luck, RN, J. Schwartz, MA, Mary Elaine Southard, RN
Popular & Related Products
Popular & Featured Events
Error Reading Event Calendar
Stevia Products & Info
Dimensions of Wellness