The following thirty-minute regimen is of tremendous help following a minor burn. After completing this procedure, your child should feel considerably better.
- Begin the process while still running cool water over the burn. Give your child one dose of Urtica urens 12x or 6c.
- Five minutes after administering the Urtica urens, give your child one dose of Bach Flower Rescue Remedy to help ease his anxiety and fear.
- After you have run cool water over your child's burn for ten minutes, turn off the water and apply aloe vera gel to the wound, as directed under Herbal Treatment, above.
- Five minutes after applying the aloe vera, apply a second soothing coat of aloe vera to the wound and give your child a second dose of Urtica urens 12x or 6c.
- After ten minutes have passed, apply a third coat of aloe vera to the burn and give your child a third dose of Urtica urens 12x or 6c. If the burn is simple, your child will feel better after the first application of aloe vera and the first dose of Urtica urens. If your child does not feel considerably better after the third application of aloe vera and the third dose of Urtica urens, consult your physician.
To help reduce blistering, crush a Kali muriaticum 6x pellet in a little distilled water. Apply the mixture topically to the wound one hour after completing the procedure outlined above. Apply the mixture again at bedtime.
Give your child one dose of Kali muriaticum 6x by mouth, three times a day, for the first two days after a burn.
To help lessen stinging and promote fast healing, apply homeopathic Urtica urens ointment or gel to the burn.
If your child's burn isn't healing as quickly as it should, evaluate the condition of the injury. Choose and administer the appropriate symptom-specific homeopathic remedy:
- Apis mellifica 12x or 6c helps to heal a burn that bubbles and resembles a bee sting Give your child one dose every thirty minutes, for a total of three doses.
- If your child's burn remains red and throbbing and isn't calmed by the aloe vera and Urtica urens regimen, give him one dose of Belladonna 30x or 9c every thirty minutes, for a total of three doses, to help reduce the redness and throbbing pain.
- If the burn appears as if it is becoming infected, call your physician and report a possible infection. Begin giving your child Mercurius solubilis 12x or 6c to help ward off infection. Give one dose, three times daily, for two days.
Give Hydrastis 12x or 6c to the child who has a thick yellow or yellow-green discharge from the nose. Very often mucus will form crusts around this child's nose. Hydrastis is homeopathic goldenseal.
Natrum muriaticum 12x or 6c is for the child who complains that the inside of his runny nose hurts or burns. This child will have thick mucus, may have a sore or pustule between his nose and upper lip, and his lips will be dry and cracked. He likes—perhaps even craves—salty foods.
Pulsatilla 30x or 9c will help the child who feels much worse in a stuffy room and better in the cool, open air. This child prefers to sleep with his window open. His nasal passages are congested and dry at night, with a nonirritating yellow discharge during the day. This child often has a fair complexion, blond or light brown hair, and blue eyes. children are good-natured, compliant, and adhering, of course, when they suffer with allergies. Pulsatilla is homeopathic windflower (anemone). Por the child whose moods and symptoms change like the wind, homeopathic windflower works wonders.